Tips For How To Enjoy Life
Over the years, I have learned more and more about how to enjoy life, and I have found that the trick for enjoying life is to focus on simple pleasures. I like simple pleasures because they are accessible to everyone: they do not cost a lot of money and everyone has an opportunity to experience them. Some people may be stressed out, burnt out, pressed for time, or may not remember the little things that make life so great. In fact, some people may be wondering if they even know how to enjoy life at all.
In my opinion, in order to enjoy life, all you need to do is learn how to destress and how to unwind and then the little pleasures of life will blossom right before your eyes.
Here are some of my favorite tips for how to enjoy life:
1. Put on your favorite music and dance around the house
2. Take 10 minutes to sit outside on your front porch (or door step or lawn)
3. Close your eyes and take one really long, deep breath. Be aware of your chest expanding as the air flows through you.
4. The next time you are surrounded by people (in an elevator, standing in line at the post office, or sitting in a meeting) wiggle your toes. Your shoes will be on, so it will be your little secret. Pay attention to how good your socks feel and how your shoes have broken in to perfectly fit your feet. Or, if you are not wearing socks, then notice how wriggling your toes can send little tingles running through your feet.
5. Hug someone. If there isn't anyone around, go hug your cat or dog. If you are all alone, then give yourself a nice, long hug. Physical contact is a good way to release tension and express how much you care.
6. Laugh more often. Watch a funny TV show or Comedy movie or find some good clips on youtube.com.
7. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself outloud at least one nice thing that you would wish to hear from someone else.
8. Take a short nap....this is a true indulgence for me!
9. Roll your neck slowly from side to side. Pay attention to your muscles as they stretch and feel your tension melt away.
10. Get an extra 15 minutes of sleep at night. You will wake up more refreshed, energized and alert.
Have A Great Story or a Comment About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Return to Authentic Happiness Home Page from How To Enjoy Life
How To Destress
How To Destress When There Is No Stress
How To Be Happy
How To Be Happy Article #2
How To Find Happiness
Happiness Article #3
Benefits of Unhappiness
Return to ShiftsHapen Home